Welcome to Grainville School
As the new Headteacher of Grainville, I am very proud of our students’ achievements across all areas of school life. We have high standards and set high expectations in all that we do, providing a quality learning journey for each individual. We inspire, motivate and challenge all within our school community to aspire to do their very best. We provide a safe and secure environment necessary for all to develop the skills needed for life.
Mrs S Morris B.A (Hons), NPQH
"What you do today can improve all your tomorrows." R Marston
Exam Results – Headline Figures for 2015
- For the first time in the school’s history, both English and mathematics obtained on or above 60% A*-C.
- 60.3% A*-C in English Language
- 60.0% A*-C in maths
- 44.3% of students gained 5A*-C including English and maths
The school site is open to students from 8.00 am. The school day starts with registration at 8.30 am and ends at 2.50 pm.
Supervised after school study sessions are open to any Grainville student from Monday to Thursday 2:45pm - 3:45pm.
We are all very proud of our school community and the achievements of our students and staff.
- St John Ambulance National First Aid Winner 2011
- Leading Parent Partnership Award 2012.
- Investors in People Award 2014.
- Jersey Enterprise Award- Not for Profit Organisation of the Year 2014.
- Jersey Enterprise Award- 'Developing Skills' 2014.
- Institute of Directors Award - Director of the Year (Public Service Jersey) 2014.
- UK National Director of the Year IoD for Public / Third Sector 2014
- Jersey Customer Service Award - Finalist 2014.
- Jersey Student Business Challenge – Winners 2015
News and Events
School News Read All News »
- Posted 19 July 2015
The Grainville Mud Club were award winners at the Schools Gardening Competition · 1st Pri...
- Posted 13 July 2015
News that Mr McGuinness will be leaving to take up the role of Executive Principal at Academy 360 in Sunderland can now be updated with the addi...
School Events Read All Events »
- Posted 25 May 2016
Parents / carers of Year 7 students have the opportunity to collect and review their child’s annual school report before meeting with thei...
- Posted 6 June 2016
Trident is a work experience scheme that all Jersey secondary schools participate in. It provides a unique opportunity to experience working lif...
Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
Search Our Site
All parents with an email address or a mobile phone will now receive a message to register with Parentmail, but if they haven’t, please contact the office on Tel 822900 so that they can give us either a parental mobile number or an email address.
Seedy Sunday - 21 February 2016
The homework timetables for all year groups is now available to download from here.
The fixtures for Football and Hockey have just been uploaded please click here to download
Grainville was chosen as the Not for Profit Organisation of the Year Award, and The Organisation that does most in Developing Skills Award.
To read more please click here