What you need to know
As a parent of a child at Grainville School you need to know that your child is safe at school. Please down load our Safeguarding and Child Protection for parents leaflet.The teachers to contact if you are concerned are:
Tel: 822 985
Child protection at Grainville is taken extremely seriously. If any concerns are reported about a child they are dealt with immediately.
Every staff member is aware of the process on how to report a concern.
Make a note of the concern on a concern form
- Pass concern form to Mrs Hobson
- Mrs Hobson will deal with the concern immediately in line with the school child protection policy
The Safeguarding and Child Protection policy outlines all the processes in place to keep our students safe. Please see this in the policy section of the website.
What is MASH?
MASH is the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub. Any concerns about a child or young person being at risk of harm is passed on to this hub. This is a group of professionals from Education, Health, Children’s Services, Police and Family nursing and home care, who look at the information that has been passed on and make a decision about the next steps to be taken.
This link will take you to an information clip about Jersey’s MASH.
What do you do if you are concerned about a child at school?
- Tell a member of staff either Mrs Hobson. However if there is another member of staff you are more confortable talking to then please contact them and they will pass the information on
- Do not panic and do not keep the information to yourself
- If you feel the child is at immediate risk you can make a MASH Enquiry or inform the police
What happens if a child makes a disclosure of abuse?
If a child is at serious risk of harm then the school will contact MASH with an enquiry
- The incident and risk is passed to the relevant agency to deal with the risk and support the child and family to reduce this.
Child Protection Policy