What you need to know
As a parent of a child at Grainville School you need to know that your child is safe at school. Please down load our Safeguarding and Child Protection for parents leaflet.The teachers to contact if you are concerned are:
Tel: 822 985
Child protection at Grainville is taken extremely seriously. If any concerns are reported about a child they are dealt with immediately.
Every staff member is aware of the process on how to report a concern.
Make a note of the concern on the MyConcern form.
If urgent or significant please contact Mrs Hobson directly then record the concern on the MyConcern form.
- Pass concern form to Mrs Hobson
- Mrs Hobson will deal with the concern immediately in line with the school child protection policy
The Safeguarding and Child Protection policy outlines all the processes in place to keep our students safe. Please see this in the policy section of the website.
What is the Children and Families HUB?
The Children and Families HUB (HUB) provides information, advice and support for families and young people. It aims to help families get the right help at the right time and provide signposts and access to any support services that can help.
The HUB also responds to any safeguarding concerns and is the process for referring safeguarding concerns to a multi-agency team.
What do you do if you are concerned about a child at school?
- Tell a member of staff. Either Mrs Hobson or, if there is a member of staff that you are more comfortable talking to then please contact them and they will pass the information on.
- Do not panic and do not keep information to yourself
- If you feel the child is at immediate risk, you can make a HUB referral on 519000 or inform the police.
What happens if a child makes a disclosure of abuse?
If a child is at serious risk of harm then the school will contact HUB with an enquiry
- The incident and risk is passed to the relevant agency to deal with the risk and support the child and family to reduce this.
Child Protection Policy