Grainville is a fully inclusive school. We work to ensure that each child, regardless of their needs, are fully supported to achieve the best possible education outcomes alongside ensuring their spiritual, moral, cultural and social development in an environment which places a high priority on student wellbeing.
Our aims are to:
- Provide high quality teaching and learning which allows each student to reach their potential
- Raise expectations and aspirations of all students
- Provide effective individualised support to those students identified with special education needs or a disability.
- Ensure that every student follows a curriculum that is suited to their ability and need/s, to enable them to enjoy, engage and achieve.
- Promote an ethos where students are encouraged to develop independence to their learning.
- Seek to ensure the full inclusion of students with special educational needs or disabilities in all aspects of school life including extra-curricular activities and school trips.
- Work in partnership with parent/carers to facilitate the development and outcomes for the student
At Grainville we follow the Education Department/CYPES Special Educational Needs Code of Practice (2017). In doing so we recognise the importance of valuing the student’s views, wishes and feelings alongside that of their parents/carers, involving them fully in all decision making surrounding their support.
For any information regarding SEND please contact the SENCo:
Mrs K Mallet – Associate SENCo
We have a team of dedicated and committed teaching assistants who support students in class situations and also in individual or small group interventions.
Mrs L Rotherham
Ms S White (ELSA trained)
Mr C Dacres
Mrs C Callec-Coyle (ELSA trained)
Ms D Channing (Literacy TA)
Ms L Kelso (Literacy TA)
Mrs L Walsh
Mrs H Goulart (ELSA trained)
Mrs L Lewis
Mr P Hooper (BASE manager)
Miss S Galluzzi (BASE)