Please click on the icon in the above application to view full screen
Alternatively please click on the link below to download our Uniform Policy
Uniform Policy – Photos
Universal kit for boys and girls.
- Navy striped satin finish shorts or Skorts for girls
- Plain red polo shirt with Grainville crest
- Navy blue and red hooped socks
- Reversible red/blue sweat top
- Grainville School tracksuit
- Gum shield (for impact sports)
- Football boots and shin pads
Tracksuit bottoms are permitted but only in plain navy.
Important guidance for parents
- The school does not stipulate a style of black trousers other than they must not be too tight or flared (boot cut).
- In cold weather, a dark-coloured outdoor coat may be worn to come to school in but is not to be worn in classrooms or corridors. Coats are not permitted in school and need to be placed in bags or the student locker upon arrival.
- Hoodies, baseball caps, scarves and associated fashion clothing are not permitted in school and will be confiscated if worn. The confiscated item of clothing can be collected at the end of the school day.
- The school reserves the right to ask a student to go home and change if their uniform does not fulfil the criteria in this policy (subject to parental permission).
Where to purchase from
School uniform can be purchased from Lyndale Sports.
Open 9am – 5pm, Monday – Saturday
Rue du Grand Jardin, Augres, Trinity, JE3 5FJ
Tel: 01534 862411
Mobile Phones and Headphones (inc Ipods mp3’s etc.)
Mobile phones can ONLY be used in the canteen and Year 11 Centre before school, at break and at lunchtimes. If a student is seen with a mobile phone outside these areas it will be immediately confiscated and put into the front office by the member of staff. This can then be collected at 2.50pm by the student. If the phone is confiscated a second time it will be taken and put in the main office for collection by the parent. This will happen in subsequent times too. In an emergency, students may contact home from the main office.
This should be traditionally styled and of a natural colour – extreme dyed colours or tramlines are NOT permitted. Students arriving into school with extreme dyed colours or tramlines will not be permitted to attend lessons until they conform to our schools expectations and parents will be contacted.
Discreet and minimum make up may be worn where appropriate. However, students will be asked to remove make-up that the senior leadership team deems unacceptable or inappropriate.
There should be no visible jewellery (including material wristbands) other than a watch, one matching pair of flat small stud earrings and one plain ring. These should be placed in the lower ear lobe and NOT the mid or upper ear. Nose studs, eyebrow or tongue piercing or any other facial piercings are not allowed for health and safety reasons. Students will not be permitted to access lessons until these have been removed.
All jewellery must be removed before PE lessons as it can cause injury. It is NOT sufficient to ‘cover with tape’. Our school policy concerning valuables is on display in the PE department.
No student should be wearing a hoodie, sweatshirt or cardigan either in school or on the journey to and from school. If a student is seen wearing any of the above items, they will be taken and put in the main office to be collected at 2.50pm. In some cases students may be sent home to change into appropriate uniform. During Charity Days (non-uniform) students are not permitted to wear clothing which has offensive slogans or imagery or anything that promotes the use of drug taking. Coats are not permitted inside the building during or between lessons.
This is not permitted to be worn in school. We also do not allow acrylic or gel nails. These will be required to be removed at main reception.
Smoking / Vaping is not permitted in any part of the school’s premises and grounds including the entrance area to the school, on land adjacent to the school building (e.g. car parks, garden areas, walkways, playgrounds, playing fields etc.) This applies to all events / activities held in the school including before and after school sessions.
This applies to students, staff, parents/carers, members of the public, contractors or others using the school premises or all vehicles used to transport students.
Students are not permitted to smoke / vape when in uniform or when representing the school in any capacity.