The Grainville School uniform is a fixed dress code that helps the students to perform academically better by creating a sense of community, allowing students to concentrate more on their studies rather than on deciding their wardrobe.
School uniform consists of a school blazer, shirt, tie and trousers for both boys and girls. School tank tops and jumpers with the school crest are optional with the blazer. From September 2017 new students joining Grainville will have their first school blazer and tie paid for by the school as a good will gesture and membership to our school community.
All students wear trousers. In order to deal with the problem of shrinking hemlines and to set the highest of standards, skirts are not permitted as part of the school uniform. Skirts are often worn too short and this compromise’s girl’s dignity on stairwells and in practical subjects such as Music and Drama. We offer an active curriculum and trousers are more comfortable and practical.
Grainville school uniform summary
- School blazer (Note: In 2017-18 Year 7 students have a new style blazer that includes a platinum trim to the collar. Only Year 7. All other students in Years 8-11 will retain the current school blazer without the trim. The new blazer will be phased in one year at a time over the next 5 years)
- Trousers – standard school style, black. For both boys and girls
- Shirt – light blue, school style
- School tie – navy with house coloured Grainville crest
- Socks – plain black or grey
- Shoes – black, smart school style. Trainers of any style or colour are not acceptable
- Optional: jumper/tank top “V” with the Grainville crest.
Universal kit for boys and girls.
- Navy striped satin finish shorts or Skorts for girls
- Plain red polo shirt with Grainville crest
- Navy blue and red hooped socks
- Reversible red/blue sweat top
- Grainville School tracksuit
- Gum shield (for impact sports)
- Football boots and shin pads
Tracksuit bottoms are permitted but only in plain navy.
Important guidance for parents
- The school does not stipulate a style of black trousers other than they must not be too tight or flared (boot cut).
- In cold weather, a dark-coloured outdoor coat may be worn to come to school in but is not to be worn in classrooms or corridors. Coats are not permitted in school and need to be placed in bags or the student locker upon arrival.
- Hoodies, baseball caps, scarves and associated fashion clothing are not permitted in school and will be confiscated if worn. The confiscated item of clothing can be collected at the end of the school day.
- The school reserves the right to ask a student to go home and change if their uniform does not fulfil the criteria in this policy (subject to parental permission).
Where to purchase from
School uniform can be purchased from Lyndale Sports.
Open 9am – 5pm, Monday – Saturday
Rue du Grand Jardin, Augres, Trinity, JE3 5FJ
Tel: 01534 862411