A new model of school governance has started at Grainville School with the extension of the membership to include 5 new invited governors and the introduction of Link Governors.
Grainville School welcomes Neil McCluskey from Barclays Bank International, Joanne-Terry Marchant from Highlands College, Sadie Le Sueur-Rennard, Connectable of St Saviour , Louise Ferns and PC Joanne Carter.
The new model of governance is based upon a Full Governing Body which will meet termly. This is comprised of Link Governors, each with a specific portfolio delegated by the Governing Body. Link Governors have a terms of reference and work with key staff in the school, meeting on a regular basis. Link Governors share their views and observations with the Full Governing Body either through a visit report or by verbal feedback at the termly governing body meeting.
In 2019 the Link Governors include:
- Standards – Student progress and the quality of teaching and learning : Mr Neil McCluskey working with the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher
- Safeguarding : PC Joanne Carter working with the Designated Safeguarding Leads
- Attendance and Punctuality : Mr Jeremy Johnson working with the Deputy Headteacher
- Behaviour for Learning: Peter Routier, Martin Richardson, Jeremy Johnson and Louise Ferns working with the Assistant Headteacher for Behaviour
- Special Educational Needs and Literacy : Mrs Joanne Terry Marchant working with the SENCO and Literacy Coordinator
- Parents and Community: Sadie Le Sueur- Rennard working with the Assistant Headteacher for Community
- Finance, risk and compliance : Mr Martin Richardson working with the Headteacher and Bursar
- Children’s Voice : Parent governor tbc.
- Buildings and Health and Safety: Mr Alan Breckon and Mr Clive Armstrong working with the Assistant Headteacher for H&S and Site Manager,
A new Clerk to the Governors has also been appointed, Mrs Kerry Bruce. More news to follow.